It’s high time for another recipe! After all one can’t battle nitwits on an empty stomach. This is a pretty tasty recipe, and while I can’t eat curry very much, when I do this is how I roll. Note: this dish serves 8, but you can break it down to however many servings you want.
- 2 halibut steaks, about 1 1/2 pounds each
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1 1/2 cups fresh torn bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 5 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- lemon wedges and several sprigs parsley
Heat oven to 350°.
Sprinkle halibut steaks with 1 1/2 teaspoons salt. In a large bowl, combine cooked rice, bread crumbs, celery, onion, half of the minced parsley, curry powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and 2 tablespoons of the melted butter.
In a greased 13×9-inch baking dish, place one halibut steak. Spread rice dressing mixture over steak then top with second halibut steak. Secure with toothpicks.
Combine remaining 3 tablespoons melted butter with remaining minced parsley; pour over steaks. Bake halibut steaks for 45 to 50 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Garnish with lemon wedges and parsley sprigs, if desired.