Thanks to STNY over on the mudflats blog for posting this.
I’m a little confused. Let me see if I have this straight…..
· If you grow up in Hawaii, raised by your grandparents, you’re
· Grow up in Alaska eating mooseburgers, a quintessential American
· If your name is Barack you’re a radical, unpatriotic Muslim.
· Name your kids Willow, Trig and Track, you’re a maverick.
· Graduate from Harvard law School and you are unstable.
· Attend 5 different small colleges before graduating, you’re well
· If you spend 3 years as a brilliant community organizer, become the
first black President of the Harvard Law Review, create a voter
registration drive that registers 150,000 new voters, spend 12 years
as a Constitutional Law professor, spend 8 years as a State Senator
representing a district with over 750,000 people, become chairman of
the state Senate’s Health and Human Services committee, spend 4 years
in the United States Senate representing a state of 13 million people
while sponsoring 131 bills and serving on the Foreign Affairs,
Environment and Public Works and Veteran’s Affairs committees, you
don’t have any real leadership experience.
· If your total resume is: local weather girl, 4 years on the city
council and 6 years as the mayor of a town with less than 7,000
people, 20 months as the governor of a state with only 650,000 people,
then you’re qualified to become the country’s second highest ranking
· If you have been married to the same woman for 19 years while
raising 2 beautiful daughters, all within Protestant churches, you’re
not a real Christian.
· If you cheated on your first wife with a rich heiress, and left your
disfigured wife and married the heiress the next month, you’re a
· If you teach responsible, age appropriate sex education, including
the proper use of birth control, you are eroding the fiber of society.
· If , while governor, you staunchly advocate abstinence only, with no
other option in sex education in your state’s school system while your
unwed teen daughter ends up pregnant , you’re very responsible.
· If your wife is a Harvard graduate lawyer who gave up a position in
a prestigious law firm to work for the betterment of her inner city
community, then gave that up to raise a family, your family’s values
don’t represent America’s.
· If you’re husband is nicknamed “First Dude”, with at least one DWI
conviction and no college education, who didn’t register to vote until
age 25 and once was a member of a group that advocated the secession
of Alaska from the USA, your family is extremely admirable.
OK, much clearer now.