It’s been far too long since I’ve posted a recipe. Here’s my favorite chile recipe. Not exactly authentic chili, but still, delicious on a fall night. Or any night for that matter.
- 1 large Rotisserie chicken, shredded and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced fine
- olive oil
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 1 Tbsp. oregano
- 3 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 45 oz. black beans from a can (with liquid) – this is about 3 small cans or 1 large can and 1 small can
- 32 oz. Chili-ready tomatoes
- ½ jar spaghetti sauce (we like mushroom)
- 6 oz. tomato paste
To prepare this hearty, award winning chicken chili, saute’ green pepper and onion in olive oil until soft. Add garlic and cook another 1-2 minutes. Add remaining seasonings and chicken, and mix until thoroughly combined. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for about 25 minutes.